Our priorities in the next parliament will be:
- Investing nearly £7 billion extra in our children’s education – increasing school budgets and the Pupil Premium to protect against rising costs and pupil numbers, and introducing a fairer national funding formula.
- Investing in high-quality early years education, tripling the Early Years Pupil Premium to £1,000.
- Opposing any new selective schools
- Reverse all cuts to front-line school and college budgets, protecting per-pupil funding in real terms.
- Introduce a fairer national funding system with a protection for all schools, so that no school loses money.
- Protecting the Pupil Premium which targets extra help at disadvantaged children.
- Extending free school meals to all children in primary education and promote school breakfast clubs.